Founded in 1953.
Today the orphanage is in a building, which was financed by OXFAM in 1973. The orphanage is within the hospital premises. Of the many children who have passed through the orphanage, are qualified as a veterinary, doctor, another as a lawyer and another as nurse. They have since got married and left the orphanage.
There are about 20 children resident in the orphanage now. The first three older children are in the Midwifery training school. There are about 10 children in Primary School and about seven in Secondary Schools in Irrua. Payment of School fees and clothing of about 20 children is one of the greatest loads we have to carry. The children are doing very well in their education and it is this that encourages us to go on.
Please click on the Photo Gallery link to view the photos of the orphans.
Back to homepage